The vintage course on Desert Island is a green oasis set against a sea of desert sand, 120 rolling, manicured acres meandering around a serpentine, 25-acre lake. It’s been a destination for lovers of the sport for five decades.
A parkland course that’s pure pleasure
Private goes public
Welcome to the Private made Public, where Desert Island members and visitors mix in an updated, upgraded, thoroughly reanimated country club scene. Only on DI can you play a public course like a private club member, with many of the amenities and privileges traditionally associated with private clubs.
For Those About to Walk…We Salute You!
Walking is healthy, social, and optimizes course conditions. Desert Island offers the most pleasant and amenitized walking golf in the Coachella Valley:
- Decadent leather & chrome, easy-roll, Walker Trolleys fully equipped with chilled towels, insulated water bottles, shade umbrellas and organizers.
- Short green to tee box distances with gentle slopes
- 2,000 mature shade trees
- Generous ten-minute walking tee time spacing
- Impeccable course maintenance
- Unparalleled clubhouse amenities
On course refreshment
Golfers can enjoy stellar on course refreshment every 4 1/2 Holes, at 9 1/2 or Red’s Oasis.
Our mid-course watering hole featuring chef-created, bite sized delights, hand shaken cocktails, craft coffee, chilled towels and more. At the southern center of the course, Red’s is conveniently located adjacent to bathrooms between Holes 4, 5, 13 & 14. Open 7 days a week for golfers only.